Essentials for Corporate Governance
KNOW YOUR SHAREHOLDERS -
ESSENTIALS FOR CORPORATE GIVERNANCE
January 25 - 27, 2022
"It’s been a long time since we have been able to meet in person, and the Society is pleased to announce that we are planning to be in-person for ESSENTIALS 2022 at The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, 321 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
ESSENTIALS for Corporate Governance is an information rich program that brings together industry leaders and your peers to teach corporate governance fundamentals, share their experiences, explore new processes, fine tune your skills, and define Board tasks and obligations that will help you achieve your goals today and tomorrow."
"Know Your Shareholders"
- How to identify your shareholders (retail v. institutional)
- Institutional vs. retail shareholders
- How shares are held (record holders/beneficial owners)
- Developing a shareholder engagement plan
- ESG focused investors
- Dealing with shareholder proposals
- Investor and proxy advisor perspectives
- Alana L. Griffin (Leader), Staff Vice President, Securities & Corporate Law and Assistant Secretary FedEx Corporation
- Hope Mehlman, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Bank of the West
- Wade Sheek, Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary, Herc Rentals Inc.
- Lou Cordone, Senior Vice President, Strategy, AST Financial, an Equiniti Company
Date and Time: January 25, 2022 @ 8:30 AM EDT - January 27, 2022 @ 12:15 PM EDAT