ACG M&A Conference - CANCELLED
Breakout Session 3
Building Boards for Optimal Performance
Presented in partnership with BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Thursday, March 19
2:30 pm – 3:15 pm
Grand Ballroom B
If the long-term success of a company relies on long-term thinking on the part of its board, what effect does the board’s actual makeup and diversity, or lack thereof, have on a company’s prospects for creating value over the long term? There have been several studies to date that explore the connection between diversity and productivity, and the evidence is compelling. This session will explore how using a multi-dimensional measure of diversity combining ethnicity, age, gender, education, financial expertise, and prior board experience, greater board diversity correlates with lower stock price volatility, more consistent investment in R&D projects over time, and better performance overall.
- Lee Hanson | Vice Chairman/Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
- Richard A. Moran | Managing Partner, Blue Book Ventures
- Karen Pajarillo | Partner, Riverside Company | Advisor, Unreasonable Labs and GMC coLABS
- Carine Schneider | President, AST Private Company Solutions, Inc.
- Moderated by Julie Castro Abrams | CEO, How Women Lead