Many people believe that they are not susceptible to losing their assets to the state. When assets such as shares and/or cash show inactivity for a period of time, generally 3-5 years, unclaimed property laws may mandate remittance of your property to state agencies. If you received an unclaimed property or due diligence notice, an asset that we believe is in your possession may be at risk.
Best Practices to Prevent Escheatment
In order to ensure your account stays current, shareholders must make regular contact with AST, your transfer agent. AST recommends taking the following actions in order to ensure that your account remains active, and free from the risk of property loss.
- Log in quarterly
- Review and maintain your account
- Change your account password periodically
- Update your physical and email addresses
- Maintain your Tax ID Certification (W-9, W-8, W-8BEN-E)
- Cash all dividend checks promptly
- Vote your proxy
In order to secure your assets, log in to the portal at left.