Our online user portals now have a new look and feel as the next phase of our corporate rebrand. The online functionality is the same, but provides an improved user experience through a contemporary design.
We hope you enjoy the new look!
New or existing shareholders can invest in more than 162 Direct Stock Purchase Plans available online. Direct Purchase Plans are established by companies to enable investors to purchase company shares without a broker. Shareholders benefit from competitive transaction and commission rates, typically a better value than standard brokerage fees.
Buy Shares Direct
AST is pleased to offer new or existing shareholders the ability to purchase or sell registered shares via Direct Stock Purchase Plans under the terms and conditions of the plans. Some of the advantages of purchasing shares include:
- Direct or Registered company ownership
- Online retrieval of account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Flexibility to acquire shares through Dividend Reinvestments, One-time Purchases, or via Recurring Debit Payments; funds may be deducted automatically from your existing bank account to purchase shares
- Competitive transaction and commission rates
To view materials, explore investment options, or purchase or sell shares, login at left.
Search Available Plans
Frequently Asked Questions
There are four ways to access information about a plan.
- You may enter the company name or ticker symbol in the Search Plans box on Company Search.
- You may click All Online Plans to view a listing of all the plans available through Invest Online.
- You may click on Plans sorted by minimum initial investment to view a listing of all the online plans sorted by minimum initial investment.
Investing with Invest Online is simple. In five easy steps you provide Invest Online with the data it needs to execute your stock purchase order. In the sixth step, we confirm the data you've entered and ask you to submit the page as your purchase order. Please note that the purchase order is not transmitted until you confirm the data in the final step.
You will need the following information to complete your stock purchase:
- Your bank account number
- Your bank's ABA number (printed on the bottom portion of each check)
- Your social security number
The six steps of the investment process are:
- Account Registration: You select the type of stock registration (e.g., Individual Registration, Joint Registration, Corporate Registration, etc.).
- Account Information: You provide the name and address for your account. We also ask for your phone number to enable us to call you should we have questions or concerns related to your investment. Please note that this data is NEVER transmitted to outside data processing companies.
- Tax Identification Information: You provide us with your social security number. We need this information to send you your tax information at the end of the calendar year as well as to provide you with a unique password for your later transactions.
- Investment Options: You select a one-time or recurring investment option. Both options permit you to purchase fractional shares. This means that we invest with all the funds you have allotted us (less commissions) to buy stock for your account. If you elect to invest on a monthly basis, we automatically deduct the amount that you have requested on the 10th of every month.
- Bank Details: You enter your bank account number and your bank's ACH (automated clearing house) number. These numbers are printed on the bottom of every check (a diagram on that page will demonstrate their placement).
Confirmation: We confirm the data you have entered. If this data is correct, you click to submit the page and place your purchase order. You have completed your investment! You will receive an immediate email confirming your order. If you submitted an order before 4:00PM, it will be processed on the next business day; otherwise it will be processed two business days later. You will receive an email within two business days notifying you of the share price, the number of shares purchased, and your new account number to login and view your online statement.
If a button pops up on your screen asking if you wish to accept the cookie, please click “yes” as this will enable you to continue using the Invest Online site.
You may change your browser options so that cookies are automatically enabled, which will prevent future pop-up messages.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options. You see the Internet Options dialog that provides a number of tabs that allow you to set your browser preferences.
- To enable session cookies, click the Privacy tab.
- From the Settings section of the tab, click Advanced.
- Locate and click the checkbox next to Always allow session cookies.
- To enable Java Scripting, click the Security tab.
- Locate the Custom area of the Security tab and click the Custom Level button.
- From the Security Settings dialog that opens, scroll through the options until you see Scripting.
- Check the radio buttons next to Enable Active Scripting and Scripting of Java applets.
- Click OK to accept scripting and cookie handling changes and close the Security Settings window.
- From the Internet Options dialog, click Apply to effect settings, then OK to close the dialog.
- From the Edit menu (Windows) or Netscape menu (Macintosh), select Preferences.
- From the Category menu, click open the Privacy & Security category.
- Select Cookies.
- From the Cookies page, click the radio button next to Enable all cookies. If you elect to accept cookies based on privacy settings, use a Medium level.
- From the Category menu, click open the Advanced category.
- Select Scripts & Plugins.
- Click OK to apply changes and close the Preferences dialog.
To enable Cookies in Firefox:
- From the browser's main menu bar, select Preferences.
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
To enable Cookies in Chrome:
- At the top right of your browser window, click More and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
- Use the "Cookies" section to change your settings:
- To allow first-party and third-party cookies, choose Allow local data to be set.
- To allow only first-party cookies and block all third-party cookies, check the box next to "Block third-party cookies and site data." This setting means that site data cannot be written and read, even if you've added a site to the exceptions list and have chosen to allow its cookies.
- Check that your settings were saved.
To enable Cookies in Safari:
- From the browser's main menu bar, select Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
- Select a “Cookies and website data” option:
- Allow from current website only: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from the website you’re currently visiting. Websites often have embedded content from other sources. Safari does not allow these third parties to store or access cookies or other data.
- Allow from websites I visit: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from websites you visit. Safari uses your existing cookies to determine whether you have visited a website before. Selecting this option helps prevent websites that have embedded content in other websites you browse from storing cookies and data on your Mac.
Always allow: Safari lets all websites, third parties, and advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac.
Issuers and shareholders are offered expanded online services through our sister company AST Investor Services, an online retail investor portal. To learn more about how AST Investor Services can assist you with your investments, please go to www.astinvestor.com.
Dividend Reinvestment Plans allow shareholders to direct their dividend proceeds toward the purchase of additional shares in the company without the intervention of a broker. Many companies also provide for Optional Cash programs whereby shareholders contribute their own funds toward the purchase of additional shares in the company, once again without the involvement of a broker. Direct Stock Purchase Plans differ from these plans in that you need not already be a shareholder in order to participate.
To enroll, select the company you are interested in and verify that they offer an online plan. Then, select the Invest Now! option and you will be guided through the share purchase process.
Upon the submission of the share purchase order, you will receive an immediate email confirmation of your order as well as a subsequent one listing the exact price of the shares purchased.
Until now, the accepted practice has been for Direct Purchase programs to aggregate all purchase orders submitted over the course of a week and to execute them all at once. Needless to say, such a process introduces a fair degree of uncertainty and likely dissuades many potential investors from participating in the program. AST is proud to offer the first Direct Purchase program featuring daily stock purchases. Orders submitted by 4:00 p.m. will, in ordinary circumstances, be executed no later than the following business day.
Invest Online is a division of AST. Your investment transactions are handled by AST employees from start to finish. Such a system minimizes the likelihood of error and ensures that your transactions are handled in the most professional and expedient manner.
Upon the completion of your first Invest Online transaction, you will be assigned a personalized account number (included in your second confirmation email). This number will allow you to access your account information online as well as to perform additional transactions without the need to reenter your personal data. To log in, simply click here or use the login link at left.
As Direct Purchase Plan Administrator, AST will gladly retain your shares. Alternatively, at your request, your shares may be converted to certificate form and mailed to you.
Yes. Simply press the "Print" button on your browser's toolbar to print out a copy of any screen displayed on the Invest Online site. Additionally, if you wish to print out a copy of any of the Plan Materials accessed through the Invest Online site, you may do so by utilizing the same method. Should you prefer to have the Plan Materials sent to you, please click on the "Plan Materials by Mail" icon found on the left side of the "Plan Details" page for the company in which you are interested.
Yes, you may. While Invest Online is confident in the security of its online systems, we understand that some people may prefer not to transmit personal financial information electronically. Enrollment forms can be found in the Plan Materials (which, if you do not have a printed version, can be found on the "Plan Details" page for the company in which you are interested). Completed forms along with appropriate payment (i.e., check) may be sent to AST, Plan Administration Department, P.O. Box 922, Wall Street Station, New York, NY 10269-0560.
The Invest Online site is compatible with all standard browser programs but has been optimized for use with Microsoft's Internet Explorer product.
If you have any questions regarding Invest Online or are experiencing difficulty in navigating the site, please contact Invest Online via the email or Live Chat options at left. If you have a question regarding a particular plan or regarding the execution of an order, you may contact AST's Plan Administration Department at 1-800-278-4353. We welcome the opportunity to service your shareholder needs.